Due to safety concerns from coaches and parents, these are league MINIMUM requirements for swimmers. The Greenwave team holds their swimmers to a higher standard for the safety of the swimmers and for the consideration of our volunteers. For specific information on the Greenwave team requirements, please go to the new swimmer evaluations page.
- Swimmers should have had some swim lessons and/or be very enthusiastic about swimming.Swim team is for kids who have the basics of swimming.
- No swimmer under four (4) years of age. Swimmers must be willing and able to get in the water and go.
- Swimmers should be able to kick, do freestyle arms and at least be able to float on their back.
- Swimmers under ten (10) must be able to swim one (1) full length of the pool unassisted and swimmers over ten (10) must be able to swim two (2) full lengths of the pool unassisted.
- All new swimmers will be evaluated on March 10th. New swimmer evals are for the safety of your child as well as all the other children on the team. We want all of our little fish to be safe, happy and have fun this summer! Swimmers are expected to be able to swim the full 25 yards of the pool unassisted without touching the lane lines and/or the walls during tryouts. Some freestyle strokes should be evident during the 25 yard swim. Additionally, the coaches are looking for emotional readiness. If a swimmer is unable to swim the length of the pool unassisted or separate from their parent easily, the coaches will recommend that they spend the year in lessons to prepare for next year.